The latest trip involved an overnight run out to Charlou Gap. We started the trip with 10 vehicles and 16 people, with 8 vehicles and 13 people staying through the night. It was an amazing turnout.


We had some car trouble throughout the trip experiencing a flooded carburetor, cracked engine mount, bent sway bar, and a crack in a crank case I believe. But, every vehicle made it out thanks to our onsite mechanics Dan and Brad.
Early in the evening this group of friends was enjoying each other's company. Ultimately, tragedy would ensue, and one of these friends would be driven to sorrow.
I questioned myself for having descended the mountain early, as I missed an opportunity to capture one of the great moments in Off Friday Off Roading history - of course I'm talking about Greg falling down a mountain only to have a cactus break his fall.
This is badass picture of a man doing a fire roll, or rather, Dan tripped on a rock and fell through the fire. Badass nonetheless.

No comments:
Post a Comment