Friday, January 11, 2013

Chiva Falls - Reddington

This was the third outing for the Off Friday Offroading club.  We hit Chiva Falls in the Reddington area where we were greeted with snow, some pools, a little mud, and beautiful scenery.  Temps started in the low 30's and never made it above 40 degrees.  But with lots of sun, it was a great day.

Here's the Money Shot!


We had a good turnout which included: Dan, Ryan, Nate, Courtney & Gibran, Damien, Gregg, and Ebi.  

There were some challenging runs, but everyone made it through - no broken rear differentials this time. 

FJ with only 3 wheels on the ground; that 4th wheel was damn near 3 feet off the ground. 

Tell me you don't get a little hot and bothered just seeing the flexibility on this beauty.  I mean, look at that extension.

Dan trying some crazy shit, and looking good while doing it.

A little posterizing - show-off.

This is just a cool shot.  2 minutes before Dan came up, Gregg ran this section.  I thought for damn sure he was gonna flip it.

Gibran's 4Runner (I think) just looks rather majestic here.  And that looks like one hell of a 3-point turn getting out of there.


Ryan and I are cruising along when we encounter this puddle, with Dan and Gregg a little further behind us.  Conversation went as follows:
Ryan: "How deep is that, I can make it."
Ebi: "I don't know, there might be some deep spots."
Ryan: "Shit no, I got this."
Ebi: "Let's wait and see if one of these idiots behind us tries it."
When, no sooner do we turn around, to see Gregg come barreling down the hill.



There are a lot more photos documenting the trip that are worth seeing but take up too much blog space.  Visit this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zacps76hzzjwsnn/MfAdYmIeN3

No comments:

Post a Comment